|Job Title:||Audit Manager|
|Department:||Audit||Reports To:||Audit Partner|
Audit Manager oversees and ensures that audit projects run efficiently and profitable from inception to sign off, by managing all the relevant stakeholders in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures. The Audit Manager further supports the Engagement Partner with clients’ commercial management and business development initiatives.
- The incumbent should be a CA(SA)
- 1 – 6+ years post articles experience
Skills and Competencies
- Sound business acumen and good inter-personal skills
- Analytical with strong problem solving, numerical and verbal reasoning skills
- Proven commitment to comply with regulations, policies and processes
- Knowledge of IFRS & International Auditing Standards
- Sound business English in verbal and written communication
- People Management skills with coaching and mentoring capability
- Good project management skills and deadline driven
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare detailed time budgets, allocating the audit work to specific audit team members.
- Assign staff to the audit engagement, determining the number of staff and the level of experience required, thereby ensuring that the project is adequately staffed.
- Negotiate overruns and budgets
- Oversee and ensure that all the project activities comply with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Perform function of principal client contact and take full responsibility for the client relationship management and ensure that all queries are solved timeously
- Review the draft financial statements and ensure that they are IFRS compliant
- Ensure that an appropriate audit report is drafted.
- Ultimate responsibility for bringing audit to completion, sign-off by making sure all the relevant finalisation/completion documents have been completed, reviewed and archived in conjunction with the Engagement Partner
- Attend and facilitate wrap-up meetings
- Facilitate the client invoicing process
- Mentor and coach staff