Salary: Salary is dependent on level of experience, qualifications and skills
I have a great International Digital Document Solutions client based in Rosebank who are currently growing their team for 2019 and are on the hunt for a Datasource Developer Team Lead to join the team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall performance of the datasource development team, whose tasks include the design, development and maintenance of datasources, and the associated reports, automation, web reporting and web services. In addition to being a technical authority in the team, the Team Lead must ensure that team members follow the practices and meet the coding standards as defined by the company.
The Team Lead will be required to take on the more complex development tasks as well as be a development resource during peak periods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the prioritization of projects and assists the Project Manager with project plans and estimation of task durations
- Manage the assignment of projects/tasks to the team
- Promote and implements best practices, processes and procedures including global standards
- Identify and propose areas of improvement in the datasource development process
- Participate in solution brainstorming, design session, specification verification meetings
- Act as point of escalation for the Developers and assist in resolving issues
- Create and maintain code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain
- Provide maintenance, improvement and production support for existing applications
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure that the project is accurately tested
- Effective database development
- Effective trouble shooting
- Effective custom development
- Effective product development
- Timeously completing CVS tasks
- Writing and execution of scripts on databases
- Designing and maintaining both new and existing applications
- Preparing technical documentation of products and source code
- Integration of custom-developed software into the company’s Application Platform
- 5 -7 years’ experience within a similar position
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent time management ability
- Ability to lead and motivate team members
- The candidate must be comfortable in an open plan set-up with constant group interaction
- Must have in-depth and specialist experience in the following languages:
- Linux (Additional)
- Familiar with web service protocols (SOAP, WSDL, etc.)
Please note that should you not have been contacted within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.