If you are dynamic, meticulous, have a passion for IT Networks and want to be a part of a leading Network Service Provider based in Midrand, then I may have your perfect job available for you. My client is currently searching for Junior to Mid-Level Network Support Engineers (L1 – L3) to join the team on a permanent basis. If you have 2-6 years’ experience respectively with large scale LAN/WAN environments, then please read through the job description and apply accordingly should this sound like you!!
- Provide 1st – 3rd Line support for LAN/WAN data communication problems and/or tasks escalated from Mid-Level Engineers
- Analyse complex network problems and co-ordinate to resolution.
- Use the network performance and monitoring tools to provide ad hoc capacity planning and trending as well as technical/connectivity guidance to clients
- Submit and review planned network changes (Change Control)
- Provide technical support and analysis where required, both during business day and after hours (after hours is on a standby basis with additional allowance).
- Analyse application problems and assist in the co-ordination of resolutions where necessary.
- Ensure that all elements of the network infrastructure are documented and that relevant standards are understood and adhered to.
- Provide mentorship and educate both the Level 1 staff and the service desk agents.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent. CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA certifications or higher
- 2 – 6+ years’ experience specializing in supporting large scale LAN/WAN environments and supporting/diagnosing IP based network issues (Preferably in the ISP space)
- Ability to work within a service provider organization that covers small to corporate environments.
- Excellent understanding of all networking technologies – Routing protocols (BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, etc), switching, firewalling, etc.
- Good understanding of IT security fundamentals and the ability to manage Internet, MPLS and private network connected firewalls with large and complex rule sets.
- Experience with Fortigate Firewalls is an advantage
- Ability to define and enhance Network security strategies.
- Good understanding and experience with one or more of the following wireless tools: Mikrotik Radwin and Alcoma
- Good understanding with one or more of the following VoIP tools: Mitel, SONUS, ACME, Broadsoft
- Good understanding of all web based protocols.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve complex network issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, including the ability to communicate with non-technical customers.
- Take ownership of problems and co-ordinate to resolution (end-to-end).
- Enthusiasm/passion towards IT technology in general.
- Ability to motivate and manage technical resources to deliver on a strategy.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with various technical teams within IRESS.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to organize own time, prioritize tasks and manage multiple tasks.
- The Support Desk runs 24/7, therefore these roles will work on a rotational shift schedule
Salary is dependent on level of experience, skill and qualifications.