Location: Greater Sandton area
Salary: Salary is dependent on level of experience, qualifications and skills
I have a great International Digital Document Solutions client based in Sandton who are currently growing their team for 2019 and are on the hunt for a Creative Team Lead with specialisation in HTML to join the team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate who wishes to continue expanding his/her digital design capabilities and is able to take responsibility for management of the creative and HTML development process and ensuring standards in the design function, will be the perfect fit for this team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Creative Team Lead is responsible for guiding the direction of creative elements within client projects, achievement of design standards and implementing improvements in the development process. They will be expected to produce fresh, exciting designs for email and landing pages, while also mentoring and guiding team members.
Other tasks include:
- Provide creative direction, instruction and guidance to enhance the level of quality and efficiency in the design process.
- Assist with estimation of design requirements as input to quotations.
- Work with Project Managers to manage design and development tasks.
- Participates in solution brainstorming, design sessions and specification verification meetings.
- Participate in 360° performance reviews of team members.
- Act as the subject matter expert in designing functional and user-friendly email and landing page layouts and is an authority with regards to design standards and email best practice.
- Continue to develop his/her knowledge of how design translates into HTML and how different email clients and web browsers display.
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the design and development process.
- Engage with client on design, identity and brand matters.
- Look for innovative and new email design styles in the industry.
- Understand the client’s digital and brand identity and ensures compliance.
- Review and provide critical feedback on design before development commences.
- Design layouts that meet specifications and adhere to best practice for digital user experience.
- Work with development resources to ensure that digital designs are optimal for the required output.
- Be the point of escalation for design issues and assist in troubleshooting and resolving these issues.
- Ensure the appropriate project documentation is complete and of the required standard.
- Work with the QA team to streamline testing and change control processes.
- Review HTML templates for accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design and brand identity.
- Provide constructive feedback based on quality issues
- Provide mentorship and management for junior designers and developers
- A relevant post matric qualification
- 3-4 years’ experience in digital design
- Proficient in HTML coding (with and without CSS)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Working knowledge of email test platforms (Litmus, Email on Acid)
- Email design experience is a major advantage
- Can provide a portfolio of digital design work
- Be a team player and have the ability to build and maintain client relationships
Should this be a position that you are interested in, please click on the link below and apply.
Please note that should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.