My client is looking for a SQL developer who will be responsible for design and development on Microsoft SQL Server and all related information systems to meet the requirements of the business.
The SQL developer plays a pivotal role in the development of the company applications and services, and is responsible for carrying out database and ETL activities to support the group’s operational requirements.
The individual will be involved in implementing the goals of the group IT department as they relate to database architecture, programming, ETL, development and support related activities. They will transform business requirements into optimal system implementations, as well as work on large data warehousing initiatives.
- Create, maintain and optimize stored procedures, database and ETL processes
- Work in all levels of development from analysis through implementation and support
- Interact with business owners to establish their requirements and develop applicable solutions
- Resolve end user support requests through collaboration with IT Operations
- Review and resolve all service related issues, including issue tracking and resolution documentation
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve any IS problems, including any performance related issues
- Take ownership of small to medium data related projects from inception to completion
- Participate as a member of a team on large projects involving strategic long-term objectives and complex implementation projects
Key Performance Areas & Outcomes:
- Must be able to express ideas, issues and solutions verbally with eloquence and clarity.
- A solid understanding of a RDBMS and a general understanding of a NoSQL nested relational (multi-value) data model
- Methodical and able to follow instructions to completion without supervision, with the ability to learn new skills without being explicitly taught
- Self-driven and self-motivated, showing a consistent ability to deliver results
- Deliver on project tasks within predefined deadlines and budget
- Possess the ability to identify opportunities to improve both business and technical processes
- Able to transfer knowledge to other members of the team
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Proactive when investigating new technologies and industry trends
- Gain a solid understanding of business process flows and security systems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Information Systems, Informatics or Computer Science will be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or newer, including relational database development, T-SQL queries, stored procedures, functions & triggers.
- Understanding of Data warehousing design principles, OLAP databases will be advantageous
- SSIS development experience including:
- Importing and exporting of data using flat files, ODBC, OLEDB, FTP & web services
- SSIS expressions
- Data typecasting and transformation
- Script tasks
- SSRS development experience including expressions, grouping, visual indicators and sub reporting.
- Experience using SQL Server Agent and SQL Profiler.
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- SSAS and IIS Server experience advantageous.