A well-established fresh food supplier based in the Northern Suburbs of Johannesburg with a presence in Gauteng, Durban and Cape Town is looking for an external sales consultant with 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role to build and maintain customer and supplier relationships, whilst taking care of costings and proposals. This role is specific to sports nutrion and pharmaceutical products, as well as processed meat and dairy. Formal training in food science and technology required. Must be willing to travel
Roles and responsibilities
General sales and Marketing duties
General Customer Service duties
- Business development and relationship maintenance
- Reporting and compiling of market information
- Developing the annual sales budget in conjunction with the Sales Manager
- Providing technical support during lab-scale tests and production trials
- Must specialise in technical sales of tangible products
- Must be skilled in market research and business development
- Must have 2-5 years’ experience in an external sales, marketing or customer service position
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Own transport essential
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be bilingual, and German-speaking is advantageous
- Must be technically-minded.
Please note that general sales experience alone is not sufficient. Only applicants with a food science background will be considered.
Should this be a position that you are interested in, please submit your applications along with your supporing documents. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.